Apply Now – New Orleans
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION + REQUIREMENTS
The Aarón Sánchez Scholarship Fund (ASSF) provides one recipient with a fully paid culinary scholarship to the International Culinary Center (ICC) in New York City and a paid internship upon completion of the ICC program. Recipient must be an aspiring chef from the Latin community that is committed to bettering themselves and their community through food. The Aarón Sánchez Scholarship Fund program includes:
• Full tuition at the International Culinary Center for a nine-month Classic Culinary Arts program (starting early 2020)
• School supplies (knives, uniforms, books, etc.)
• Housing in New York City for duration of ICC program
• Travel to New York for the start of the ICC program and home upon completion of program (flights, taxis, etc.)
• New York City metro card
• $200 grocery card upon arrival in New York
• Job placement assistant while in New York for ICC program
• Two-month paid internship at a mutually agreed upon restaurant upon completion of ICC culinary program
• Mentorship from Chef Aarón and other chefs
Upon completion of the nine-month program at ICC, the Aarón Sánchez Scholarship Fund recipient will return home to complete a paid internship at a mutually agreed upon restaurant. Once all aspects of the ASSF program are completed, the recipient has the opportunity to apply for full time positions in the restaurant industry.
As a condition of the scholarship, the recipient is required to work during their time in New York. Additionally, the recipient must stay in their hometown for at least one year after completion of the ASSF program, work full- time in a restaurant, to be mutually agreed upon by recipient and Chef Aarón, and stay gainfully employed by the same restaurant for at least one year. From time to time, the recipient will be called upon to help work fundraising and recruiting efforts for future Aarón Sánchez Scholarship Fund programs. The scholarship is valid only at the International Culinary Center for the specified courses and dates.